Who one Amazon Prime membership has numerous products delivered to their homes free of charge and has access to many series and films. But next to that, another world is opened up to you: the world of books. You can read hundreds of classics, novels, comics, and guides for free. Here you can find out what to look out for.
|How expensive is an Amazon Prime membership?
– Prime Video: 7.99 euros per month
– Prime monthly subscription: 7.99 euros per month
– Prime annual subscription: 69 euros per year (corresponds to 5.75 euros per month)
– Students do not pay anything for the first six months, after which they pay EUR 34 per year
With Amazon Prime membership: Prime Reading
Friedrich Schiller, Immanuel Kant or Sigmund Freud are certainly names that you have heard of before. If you’ve always wanted to read a work by them, you have the chance to do so with an Amazon Prime membership – completely free of charge.
Amazon Prime Reading offers numerous classics, but also other novels, such as currently “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone”, free of charge for everyone with an Amazon Prime membership. You can find the works in the Amazon Prime Reading offer.
Which works are there for free on Amazon Prime Reading?
Here is a small selection of the books and comics you can read for free with an Amazon Prime membership through Prime Reading:
- “Transience” by Sigmund Freud
- “The Unheimliche” by Sigmund Freud
- “Wage Labor and Capital” by Karl Marx
- “Answering the question: What is Enlightenment?” By Immanuel Kant
- “The Robbers” by Friedrich Schiller
- “The Art of Being Right” by Arthur Schopenhauer
- “The Idiot” by Fyodor M. Dostojewskij
- “Philosophy of Money” by Georg Simmel
- “Apology of Socrates” by Plato
- “The Social Contract or The Principles of Constitutional Law” by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “War and Peace” by Leo Tolstoy
Modern novels / non-fiction books
- “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” by JK Rowling
- “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” by JK Rowling
- “The perfect life of my sister” by Sophie Herzberg
- “Where the wind takes your name” by Sabrina Heilman
- “The Black Gold of the South” by Tara Haigh
- “Life is too short for later” by Alexandra Reinwarth
- “Bad Karma” by David Safier
- “Zikora: A Short Story” (English) by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie “
- “Old White Men: An Attempt at Arbitration” by Sophie Passmann
- “The miracle of appreciation” by Prof. Dr. med. Reinhard Haller
- “Drachenherz – Dawn Of Dragons” by Lara Steel
- “Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Blockchain, ICO’s & Co. simply explained” by Julian Hosp
- “Why not? Inspiration for a life without ifs or buts ”by Lars Amed
- “Vampirella” (2011-2014) Vol. 1
- “Amazing Spider-Man: Worldwide Collection Vo. 1 (2015-2018) (English Edition)
- “Attack on Titan Vol. 1” (English Edition)
- “Captain Marvel Vol. 1: Higher, Further, Faster, More (English Edition)
- “Batman (2016-) Vol. 1: I Am Gotham” (English Edition)
- “Hawkeye Vol. 1: My Life As A Weapon” (English Edition)
- “Avengers vs. Thanos” (English Edition)
Do I need a Kindle to read this?
No, you don’t need a Kindle to read the books and comics, for example. For example, a Kindle app is sufficient, which you can download from the Play Store for Android or the App Store for Apple devices.
In the app you have to make sure that the note “prime” can be seen above the book cover. If so, you can read the work at no additional cost if you have an Amazon Prime membership.
More information about your Amazon Prime membership
If you have an Amazon Prime membership, there are other advantages awaiting you, which may be a bit hidden. You are also currently getting a lot of free articles. Do you love the online giant’s streaming service? These three Amazon original series are worthwhile.
Source: Amazon, own research