Do you want to be very close to your favorite video game heroes and are you always longing for the latest news from the universe of what is probably the most well-known Japanese game manufacturer? Then it not only has an advantage for you, you one Nintendo Account to create. But before you think about it, there are a few basic things to consider. Of course, we will tell you what you need to know and how you can complete the entire process in just a few steps. We’ll also break down the benefits of your own Nintendo Account in more detail.
Create a Nintendo Account: Enjoy these benefits
Once you’ve managed to create a Nintendo Account, you’ll enjoy a number of benefits. Each player is free to create their own user account on their Nintendo Switch console. Your personal settings and storage data are then managed on this. But a Nintendo Account also offers you a lot more options, including:
- Access to the various online multiplayer modes and global leaderboards.
- Access to applications that require an internet connection, such as Nintendo eShop.
- the digital purchase of software, bonus content and tickets in the eShop.
- the management of age restrictions via app.
- exchanging friend codes to permanently add other players to your list.
- posting screenshots and videos on social networks.
- as well as receiving My Nintendo points for digital purchases and registering so-called Nintendo Switch software cards on your console.
What you should definitely consider
Before you can create a Nintendo Account, you should know a few basic things. For example, only users who are at least 16 years old are allowed to create a Nintendo Account. On the other hand, users who have reached the age of 18 can add up to five Nintendo Accounts for younger players up to 17 years of age to their Nintendo Account. Players under the age of 15 cannot create their own Nintendo Account.
However, one can be created within an existing parent or guardian account. It is also possible to link a Nintendo Account to your Nintendo Network ID or your Facebook, Twitter, Apple or Google accounts. This also only applies to players who are at least 16 years old.
How to create your Nintendo Account
If you meet the requirements, you will be able to create a Nintendo Account. The first thing you need to do is determine which age group you belong to. Once you have done this, the steps to create the user account differ only slightly. We show you both options below:
You are at least 16 years old:
- Visit the Nintendo account creation website and click “Sign In / Create Account”.
- Now select “Create a Nintendo Account”.
- You can then decide which login method you want to use.
- If you are using the Nintendo app on an iOS device, please note that you can only enjoy a Nintendo Account by registering a valid email address and choosing a password. However, you can also use Safari or another browser for this.
You are not yet 16 years old:
- Even if you have not yet reached the age of 16, you proceed in a similar way. Visit Nintendo’s dedicated website first.
- Now click on “Create a Nintendo Account”.
- Complete the required fields truthfully and click Submit.
- You will then be taken to a page asking for your parent or guardian’s email address.
- Now you or your supervisor have to enter their e-mail address in the appropriate field and click on “Send”.
- If you have typed everything correctly, a message should be sent to this e-mail address, which will guide you through the further creation process. If an account has been created, you can create your own user account after creating it.
If you have followed all the steps carefully, you can now decide whether you want to create your Nintendo Account without the help of social media or integrate it directly into your account. This requires essential information, such as a username consisting of ten characters or fewer, a valid email address, a secure password, and information about your birthday and your region. If you are satisfied with your choice, you will receive a code by e-mail with which you can finally confirm your entries again.
Create a Nintendo Account: Enjoy great benefits in no time at all
Creating a Nintendo Account is not only child’s play, but above all the many advantages that await you afterwards make the endeavor a worthwhile thing. But we also tell you what else you should know about the Nintendo Switch Online subscription before you embark on exciting multiplayer games. We also explain the differences between the normal Nintendo Switch and the switch with an OLED display.