Want to hear your favorite music but don’t want to subscribe? Then you are looking for a free one music app. But don’t worry, there are plenty of them, both for Android and iOS. We have compiled the seven best free options for you.
Free music apps for Android and iOS
If the free trial subscriptions are also not enough for you, we have the perfect solution for you. Instead of always switching from provider to provider to benefit from the trial subscriptions, you can simply download one of these seven free music apps. You can find them in both the Google Play Store and the App Store.
#1 MP3 music player
- Stars: 4.8 (Google Play Store and App Store)
- reviews: approx. 1.5 million (Google Play Store)
With 4.8 stars in Google Play and App Store, “MP3 Music Player” is the most popular music app. And not without reason.
the App has a lot to offer:
In addition to the standard functions, such as the Explore page, creating playlists or the shuffle function, there are other cool extras. In addition, the music app offers automatic playlists, an intelligent sleep timer, favorite song option, as well as stylistic widgets and much more.
This allows the app to get close to the big names like Spotify or Amazon Music. And what’s more, their services are free.
#2 Spotify Free
- Stars: 4.4 (Google Play Store) and 4.7 (app store)
- reviews: approx. 25 million (Google Play Store) and almost 3 million
Did you know that you can also just listen to music on Spotify for free? You can actually do this without having to take out a subscription. The music app offers “Spotify Free”, which allows you to use the following services of the streaming service:
- Access to over 50 million songs, podcasts and audiobooks.
- Explore page to search for a song or artist.
- Creation of individual playlists.
However, there is a catch.
While you can use these standard features with Spotify Free, there are limitations. For example, you can only listen to the songs in shuffle mode. In addition, these are constantly interrupted by advertisements that you cannot switch off early. Also, you cannot skip tracks indefinitely.
But if you don’t mind any of that, then Spotify Free is the right music app for you.
#3 SoundCloud Free
- Stars: 4.7 (Google Play Store) and 4.4 (app store)
- reviews: meager 5.5 million (Google Play Store) and approx. 9,500 (app store)
The SoundCloud app has become well-known and popular because fans get together with their favorite artists. Not much has changed since today, because it is still one of the most popular music apps, which we even took third place with “SoundCloud Free”.
With “SoundCloud Free” you have access to millions of songs, tracks & podcasts from over 20 million authors, bands, artists and DJs and you can create and download your own playlists.
In addition, many up-and-coming artists use the app. If alternative songs and newcomer music excite you, then this is the app for you.
You can also have new tracks recommended based on your likes and listening habits or take a look at the SoundCloud charts.
#4 YouTube Music
- Stars: 4.5 (Google Play Store and App Store)
- reviews: nearly 3.5 million (Google Play Store) and approx. 31,000 (app store)
If you don’t mind hearing adverts every few songs, then you might like this music app. “YouTube Music” is a free app that, like the other apps, offers you all the standard functions.
These are some of the standard features of “YouTube Music”:
- Stream over 70 million songs plus live performances, remixes and other music content.
- Listen to thousands of ready-made playlists of different genres.
- Create your own playlist and like albums.
- Enjoy song suggestions tailored to you.
The great thing about the app is that it can be played on smartphones, computers, smart speakers, smart TVs, car stereos and smart watches. As a little extra, you can even connect the app to Google Maps, Waze, the Google Assistant and many other services.
#5 Deezer Free
- Stars: 4.3 (Google Play Store) and 4.6 (app store)
- reviews: nearly 3 million (Google Play Store) and 44,000 (app store)
Of course, this international music streaming service also makes it into our top 7. With the music app “Deezer Free” you can stream millions of songs and podcasts for free and create your own playlists. You can quickly fill these with songs, because Deezer also has song recommendations ready for you. You can also use the app on many devices, such as your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
#6 Amazon Music Free
- Stars: 4.2 (Google Play Store) and 4.5 (app store)
- reviews: nearly 2.5 million (Google Play Store) and approx. 185,000 (app store)
Not quite as high, but still in the top 7 is “Amazon Music Free”. This music app also allows you to stream music on demand. These are also the typical standard functions. In addition to the many songs and playlists, you can also listen to thousands of radio stations for free.
However, there are also a few small limitations:
- Interruptions of the tracks by advertisements.
- Offline playback is not possible.
- No HD or 3D audio possible.
In addition, there are other advantageous functions. For example, you can use the app with supported Echo devices like Alexa. Plus, it works across Fire TV devices too. Amazon Music for Web is also available.
#7 eSound Music
- Stars: 4.3 (Google Play Store and App Store)
- reviews: approx. 140,000 (Google Play Store) and more than 7,000 (app store)
This free music app is also very popular. This is most likely because eSound is similar in design and functionality to Spotify. The app offers you many advantages that will sweeten your music experience.
This includes the following:
Just like the other apps, “eSound” offers you a large song library. You can stream 150 million songs, which you can find in the different genre sections on the Explore page. You can also create your own playlists and listen to them offline. There is also an intelligent search that allows you to search directly for specific songs.
However, “eSound” also offers you the function of the sleep timer with music countdown. So you can enjoy your favorite songs while falling asleep.
Conclusion: The free sound experience is available on many apps
The fact is, even if you don’t want to spend money on music apps, there are alternatives that you can still use to stream your favorite music. And our top 7 music apps will surely have something for you. So now it’s time to stream.
But what if you don’t know the title of a song? We’ll show you how to find out. And if you have decided to use Spotify, we have tips and tricks in store for you in case of a Spotify malfunction.
Source: Google Play and App Store