If you own Apple company devices it is almost essential to have iTunes installed on your personal computer to send and download media content and transfer it to them. In addition to being a multimedia content store, iTunes allows you to synchronize content on iPods, iPhones and iPads. Another use that we can give to this software is as a content player on our device. Next, we offer you a guide on how to install this software on computers with Windows operating system.
Table of Contents
How to install iTunes on Windows 10 devices
The installation process in this version is simple:
- At search box Windows type iTunes, and in the Best Match section, choose Install iTunes Application. Another way is to access the Microsoft Store online and type the same search criteria above.
- Then select Get to download iTunes.
- Once the download is complete, select the option Start.
- in the window of iTunes Software License Agreement read the content of it and if you agree select Accept.
- In the installer home interface select Accept, if you agree to share details about your library with Apple or select No thanks to reject.
- Then select Sign in to the iTunes Store if you have an Apple ID. If you don’t have an account, choose Go to iTunes Store and sign up for an Apple ID.
- Set up and sync your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with iTunes and get started.
Installation on Windows 8 or 7 devices
In the case of Windows 8 and Windows 7 versions, you will need to download iTunes from Apple’s support page.
- Access the Apple download page, and then select Download for the version of Windows installed on the computer. You must take into account whether your operating system is 32 or 64 bits to download the correct version.
- After clicking on the option Download you will be prompted to save or run the file. The option to run the file will allow you to install the file immediately after the download is complete. The option to save the file will allow you to install the program at any time in the future. In the latter you can also select the folder where you want to save the installer.
- If you choose to run the file, the installation process begins immediately. If you save the file look for it in the folder you selected to save it and run it to start the installation. When the installer starts running, click OK to run it. Then read and agree to the iTunes software terms and conditions.
- On the next screen choose the installation options you want to configure:
- Add shortcuts to iTunes on the desktop: Selecting this option adds the iTunes icon to the desktop for easy access to the application. iTunes is added to the Start menu by default regardless of what you choose here.
- Use iTunes as the default audio app: Choose this option so that when you play audio files such as MP3s, CDs, podcasts, and others, iTunes will play them.
- iTunes default language: Choose the language in which the iTunes interface will be displayed when you launch it.
- Destination folder: Specify the path of the folder where iTunes and its files will be installed. By default, the system default program installation folder appears. It is recommended to leave the folder that appears by default to avoid installation problems.
- Press the button Install when you have chosen the installation options described above.
- In the process of installing iTunes, an interface is displayed with a progress bar that shows its progress. When the installation is finished select Finalize. You will then be prompted to restart your computer to complete the installation process. You can leave this for later and continue using your device normally.
- Once iTunes is installed and launched select Loginoron the iTunes Store in the displayed interface. If you don’t have an account, choose Go to iTunes Store and sign up for an Apple ID.