LG presented this week in Brazil details about the new line of air conditioners, highlighting the LG Dual Inverter Artcool UV Nano model.
The novelty is the inclusion of micro ultraviolet lamps, which help in the sterilization process of the product. In addition, the device promises up to 40% faster cooling and 70% energy savings compared to other models in the segment.
LG is a leader in the air conditioning market
Data released by LG, referring to the first half of 2021, indicate that the South Korean company is a leader in the category in the Brazilian market. In June 2021, the brand held 26.4% of the air conditioning market, ahead of Philco (12.6%) and Springer Midea (10.9%). Market share is up 3 percentage points from 2020.
A reflection of the pandemic, air conditioners have gained even more importance for consumers today, as they are seen not only as a refrigeration device, but also as an alternative to improve the quality of life and provide greater well-being in homes.
Much more than refrigeration: the solution to purify the air
The LG Dual Inverter Voice UV Nano air conditioner is a response to an increasing demand from consumers. In addition to the traditional functions of a dual inverter, it has small lamps on the inside. They emit a UV light imperceptible to human vision, but capable of destroying the DNA of microorganisms.
In addition, the model also guarantees an autonomous cleaning system, which makes changing filters so often not necessary. It is also worth remembering that, in addition to being positioned internally, the ultraviolet lights are not harmful to health even if there was direct contact.
When it comes to combating Covid-19, LG points out that this product is not suitable for combating the virus, as to obtain such certifications it would be necessary to submit the device to specific laboratory tests. However, its efficiency is proven against bacteria, mold and other air impurities.
Artificial intelligence: technologies and highlights of the new model
Another differential is the integration with artificial intelligence technology by the LG ThinQ app. This allows users to control and monitor the air conditioner at any time and from anywhere via smartphone. LG has global partnerships with Google Assistant and Alexa and it is possible to command the device by a simple voice command. The LG Dual Inverter Voice UV Nano already comes with a Wi-Fi kit for connecting and using this technology.
Some of the main features of the line:
- Four-step multi-filtration system: the pre-filter captures dust particles that are in the air; the antiallergic filter removes substances that cause allergies, mites and respiratory irritations; UV Nano function ultraviolet LED lamps clean the air conditioner from the inside, eliminating up to 99.99% of viruses and bacteria; and the self-cleaning function reduces moisture, mold, odors and impurities. In this way, the system guarantees pure air that goes out to the entire environment.
- UV Nano Technology: UV lights emitted by LEDs below the internal fan sterilize the air of microorganisms by breaking their DNA and producing clean air, preventing their generation and proliferation.
- Efficiency: conventional filters for air conditioners on the market are important initial barriers to air purification. However, due to the need for constant replacement and cleaning, they can lose their efficiency and some types do not purify the entire volume of air that enters the device. In this way, UV Nano technology has greater efficiency due to the amount of purified air and efficiency in eliminating bacteria, without the need to replace your LED micro lamps.
- 10 years warranty: The air conditioner compressor has LG’s 10-year warranty so that consumers can enjoy fresh air for a longer period, including gas charging. This guarantee demonstrates the brand’s confidence in the quality of the devices.
- 40% faster cooling: Through extensive compressor speed control, the LG Dual Inverter Voice UV Nano reaches the desired temperature up to 40% faster and keeps it stable, without the fluctuation that occurs in a conventional, non-Inverter model.
- Air Direction: the new models bring several possibilities for directing the air, with 11 possible positions: six vertical and five horizontal, which can be directed wherever the customer wants.
LG Dual Inverter Voice UV Nano: data sheet
- Dimensions: 998 mm (length) x 345 mm (height) x 210 mm (width)
- Weight: 11.3 kg
- White color
- Cooling capacity: 3,500 BTY/h (minimum), 22,000 BTY/h (nominal) and 24,500 BTY/h (maximum)
- Noise level: 56/58 dB(A)
- Electric supply: 220V
- Cooling power: 2080W
- Heating power: 1890W
- Annual consumption: 650 kWh
- Suggested price: between BRL 2,836.00 and BRL 4,379.00
Are you thinking about buying a product online? Discover the Save the Connected World extension for Google Chrome. It is free and offers you price comparisons at major stores and coupons so you can always buy at the best price. Download now.