Among the many advantages of the Android Operating System, we find add-ons called widgets. These mini applications allow users to find out information of interest from the comfort of their phone’s desktop. Knowing the weather situation in your city, what plans you have on your agenda or simply want to know if that email that you are waiting for has arrived, are some examples of the many advantages that the use of widgets has. Many are the applications of this type that are popular in the Google Play market and their use has obviously become notorious. So if you stay in this article you can find some of the best free widgets for Android in this year 2021.
How do you add widgets on Android?
The steps to add a widget to the home screen on our device are very simple and very similar to the procedure to create an app shortcut:
- Press an empty space on the main screen for 2-3 seconds until the menu appears.
- Select the option that says Widgets.
- Long press on the widget you want to add.
- With the widget pressed, drag it to the free space on your home screen where you prefer to place it.
The best free widgets for Android
The list of free widgets for Android that can be obtained from Google Play is extensive, as it is a good option to personalize our device easily and for free, although purchases or updates are offered within some applications.
Hurry one of the best free widget for Android
For people who frequently forget dates or important data such as anniversaries, medical appointments or taking well-deserved vacations, Hurry is the perfect widget to provide us with such information and make our lives easier. For a long time Hurry has been one of the preferred widgets on Android, due to its simple appearance and visual care of the agenda with which it works. Allowing us to control events or appointments that we have planned, being able to create a countdown of the time remaining for them to be fulfilled, all this in a quite interactive and comfortable way. In addition, it offers us the opportunity to customize its appearance to our liking in terms of size and colors.
- It allows us to differentiate the events that we have saved with different images.
- Possibility of sharing with family and friends the countdown we have created for our events.
- The delay in offering new functionalities to your customers
When it comes to calendars, one of the best widgets is this one. It has the synchronization to the Google calendar, but unlike it, it allows us to choose several types of impressive designs. Offering users a simple and customizable application. It also has an alternative version that allows us to show our events of the day in work schedule mode, something that does not happen the same in its official version.
- Includes more than 80 styles in appearance themes divided into 29 categories.
- Several of the theme available for customization are not free of cost.
Climate – Weather
How is the weather today? What will the weather be like tomorrow? These are questions that we ask ourselves every day to find out how we should go outside without being surprised by weather phenomena. Radar Widget is popular for the facilities it provides to its customers, such as knowing the current weather conditions in the city and the temperature at just a glance, setting our location on the device. The versions vary in terms of the information they provide, it is the user who decides how detailed they want their forecast to be.
- It allows to show the weather forecast even for the week.
- Incredibly customizable
- Usually the new versions of this widget change its appearance constantly.
- Sometimes it may be necessary to update it manually.
Battery Widget Reborn
The duration of the charge of our mobile or tablet is an issue that worries everyone, because it is very uncomfortable to run out of battery when we least want it. The Battery Reborn widget specialized in the control of battery use and its saving, allows to obtain the basic information of this, among which is the temperature and the time that remains to be connected to the charged one. It also allows us to adjust its saving automatically during the night, since it disables the process threads in inactive applications, we can also with this widget know which applications have the highest energy consumption in our Smartphones.
- Provides the possibility of an interactive and customizable interface.
- It has power control switches to deactivate Wi-Fi, bluetooth data and any other connection.
- It requires updating to remove the battery notification from the status bar and the lock screen.
In these times, the use of email has become essential, whether at work, for the registration of any web page or on social networks. In addition, to have access to all the functions of our device we must have at least one email account. But the Gmail widget is a little different and more complete with specific functionalities. It allows selecting only the email addresses that we need to see in the foreground, as well as the sent messages. It has multi-account support and is extremely fast when updating. In addition, it allows you to access the tray at a single glance by sliding through the received emails to view them all.
- The possibility of configuring the most important emails that we want to appear in the notifications in the application.
- It is simple and allows us to create widgets of different sizes with our important messages.
- The consumption of resources generated by the processor of the device where it is added.
For users who love music, the best widget is Shazam, as it makes it easier to find the name of a song, making a broad exploration of all genres. In each use of it, it is not necessary to make it recognize the song, as it can play it without the need to enter Shazam, simply pressing the widget will start the track.
- One of its main advantages is the great speed in the interaction of the data it handles.
- Its simple form allows us to obtain the main function of said application within the reach of a click.
- Find the title of any song in seconds.
- Recognize Spanish songs faster
Day by day we have dissimilar tasks to accomplish, whether at work, at home, with our friends or family, something that sometimes complicates our lives a bit, as various activities come together. This widget gives us the ability to fill your home screen with personalized notes with reminders. Displaying the topics in the form of paper imitations, in such a way that they look like notes pasted on your phone.
- The constant notification function so that our event is not forgotten.
- Large icons that sometimes load our screen.
After this tour of some of the best free widgets for Android, feel free to make your life easier by using them. We only show you an example of the most downloaded and used by the Android community, but only you know your need and what you want to have on your desktop. Don’t miss out on the opportunity for an impressive yet simple experience.
Related articles that you might find interesting
Android One: What you need to know
What is Android?
How to Update Android Phone on Various Models
How to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Android
How to Install APKs on Android
Top 5 Android Emulators
How to Record a Phone Call on Android?
How to make calls with Google Home?
Can you get Siri for Android?
How to Change the Keyboard on Android?
The Best Sliding Keyboards for Android