No matter which LG television you have: It should be possible with every device RTL Plus (TVNOW) on the LG Smart TV to be able to use. We’ll tell you which devices support the official app and what other options there are.
| TVNOW is now RTL Plus
TVNOW has been called RTL Plus (RTL+) since November 4, 2021. According to RTL interactive GmbH, this was done “in order to make the most extensive range of TV content and streaming content possible.” Nothing changes for you as a user. Only the names of the packages have changed and are now called RTL+ Free, Premium and Premium Duo.
1. RTL Plus (TVNOW) on LG Smart TV
For a long time you could not use RTL Plus (TVNOW) on the LG Smart TV. The TV manufacturer has finally been supporting the RTL Plus app since January 2022. The application is available on all LG devices with WebOS 5.0 (year 2020) and 6.0 (year 2021). You can simply download it from the WebOS Store and log in to RTL Plus via QR code or the website.
If you have an older TV model, there are other ways to stream RTL Plus content.
2. RTL Plus (TVNOW) via streaming stick
If you don’t have an LG television with WebOS 5.0 or 6.0, you need an additional streaming stick. For example, you can access the Fire TV Stick from Amazon, among others. There are numerous applications in the App Store that you can download and install. The RTL Plus app is one of them.
display: Buy Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote on Amazon.
3. RLT Plus (TVNOW) thanks to television providers
Are you a customer of MagentaTV or Vodafone? Then you don’t need to install RTL Plus (TVNOW) on your LG Smart TV, because you can use a wide range of content from the TV providers’ media libraries:
- MagentaTV: Telekom customers who subscribe to MagentaTV can access the RTL Plus app via the receiver, the MagentaTV box or the in-house Magenta TV stick. The premium package from RTL Plus is included in the following Telekom tariffs:
- Vodafone: Using the Giga TV Box or the mobile Giga TV app, you have access to the video-on-demand offers from various RTL channels: RTL, VOX, RTL II, NITRO, SUPER RTL, RTLup, ntv and the special interest channels RTL CRIME and RTL LIVING. “As with the RTL+ catch-up content, the TV highlights of these stations are available for retrieval for at least 7 days after TV broadcast,” says RTL Plus.
4. RTL Plus (TVNOW) via Chromecast
Another way to use RTL Plus (TVNOW) on LG TV is Google Chromecast. In this case, the streaming service is “cast” from iOS or Android devices to the LG TV. We’ll tell you here how you can easily stream RTL Plus (TVNOW) via Chromecast. We also reveal the requirements for being able to use this option.
Conclusion: You have the choice
If you have an LG TV with WebOS 5.0 or 6.0, it will probably be easiest for you to stream the streaming service’s content. Finally, you can easily download the RTL Plus app directly from the store. But that’s not the only way to use RTL Plus (TVNOW) on the LG Smart TV: streaming sticks, TV providers and Chromecast make it possible.
We’ll tell you here how you can register with RTL Plus (TVNOW). And those are the pros and cons if you want to stream RTL Plus (TVNOW) for free. You can find out what you get for the RTL Plus (TVNOW) premium costs here.
Sources: RTL Plus, own research
The links marked “Advertisement” are so-called affiliate links. The linked offers do not come from the publisher. If you click on such an affiliate link and make a purchase via this link, FUNKE Digital GmbH will receive a commission from the relevant online shop. For you as a user, the price does not change, there are no additional costs for you. The income contributes to being able to offer you high-quality, entertaining journalism free of charge.