Reporting content posted on social media is an important function, especially when videos, photos and audios include violence, abuse, illegality, fake news or discrimination. Those who follow the Connected World tutorials have already learned how to report an audio on TikTok. And today, you will learn how to do that with WhatsApp messages.
First, it is worth noting that the option to report goes far beyond a simple block, as with most social networks, Meta’s messenger allows you to report a contact/group that shares inappropriate content through the application itself or through the Web version, all it simply and quickly.
It is also important to remember that leaking intimate images without the person’s consent is a crime and you can report those who share this type of content.
See below for tutorials on how report a WhatsApp contact or group via computer or smartphone. The first step-by-step was carried out using an Android phone, however, it also works with iOS devices.
How to report a WhatsApp contact or group on mobile (Android/iOS)
- First, open WhatsApp and enter the chat of the person you want to report.
- Then, tap the contact or group at the top of the screen to see the information.
- Drag the screen to the bottom and select the option Report (contact name/number/group).
- Finally, check or uncheck the box that blocks the contact and deletes the conversation. In the case of groups, by selecting the box, you will leave the group and clear the conversation. When everything is ok, confirm the action by tapping report.
How to report a WhatsApp contact or group from the computer (Web version)
- On WhatsApp Web, the procedure is similar. First, go to the conversation you want to report and click on the contact, as shown in the image below:
- In the contact data tab, drag to the bottom and click Report (contact name/number/group).
- Finally, check or uncheck the box that blocks the contact and deletes the conversation. Remembering that in the case of groups, when you select the box, you will leave the group and clear the conversation. When everything is ok, confirm the action by clicking the button report.
As shown in the images above, when making the report, the last five messages received will be sent to the WhatsApp team to analyze the content. And rest assured, for the messenger will not notify the people you reported to.
Thinking about buying a product online? Discover the Save the Connected World extension for Google Chrome. It is free and offers you price comparisons at major stores and coupons so you can always buy at the best price. Download now.